Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Day In The Life

I have been up since roughly 1:30 this morning.
Yup. 1:30.
The boy is teething.
The girl is teething.
The boy is growing.
The girl is growing.
Teething.
Growing.
Teething.
Growing.
Up to cuddle and comfort one.
Down to feed the other
At some time in between, I think Bubba attempted to pierce my nipple with his tooth.
He has two now.
Yup - two.
One broke through last week. The second yesterday.
It's raining here.
It rained all day yesterday as well.
That adds to my desire to crawl under the sheets, pull the covers to my chin, and sleep-sleep-sleep.
Or even just sleep, without the extra sleep-sleep.
A nap.
A catnap.
I am pooped.
Or tuckered.
Knocked Down.
Dragged Out.
EXHAUSTED.
Yesterday Squeaks was in a funk.
She cried.
And fussed.
And screamed.
It was very un-Squeaks like, since she is usually the happiest baby on the block.
Her attitude today makes yesterday look like a walk in the park.
Did I mention we also have six month shots this afternoon?
Yeah, that should be fun.
So...who wants to babysit?

11 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! It sounds like you guys are having a tough time!... Maybe you should reschedule those shots. I will keep you and your precious little's in my prayers! Feel better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope there's some rest and relaxation in your near future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me!! I want to babysit. Honestly I don't know how you manage with two. I thought one at a time was hard. Sending you a ((HUG)) and hope today gets better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, I thought I was having a rough week.

    And seriously happy to come give you a break sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My baby slept so much after his shots - hopefully your babies will too and give you a much needed and deserved break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Learn to say this to yourself over and over again like a mantra, "this is only a stage..." It is my saving grace on days like those...and I have had a lot of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, shots AND teething?!! I do not envy you this. Hope tomorrow is better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh mama, I am so sorry. It is so hard with one, can't imagine it with two. I wish I could help you so that you can sleep a little. Praying for you guys ((HUGS)).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you and I need to go on some sort of sleep retreat weekend, STAT.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. {{{Hugs}}} and I hope you get some rest soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank goodness they are thriving through this stage of their lives. My favorite is when you said they were growing. Sigh! I hope you get some rest soon. Let the happiness of their growth and Peyton's peace guide you into a smiling sleep...hopefully for more than a few hours. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete