Thursday, January 20, 2011

Do You Exhale?

I am very excited to post here that I have recently become one of the editors for the online literary magazine, Exhale. For those of you who are not familiar with Exhale, here is a little information from the website:


"Exhale is a unique quarterly literary magazine written for and by ordinary people who have faced extraordinary obstacles to getting (or staying)  knocked up, or who have experienced miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant death.
Founded in 2008 by Monica LeMoine, Exhale has become a space for creative expression. We seek out the gritty humor and complexities of discovering that producing a child isn’t as easy as our society would have us believe. Without succumbing to the belief that a person’s self-worth and happiness are defined by reproductive achievement, we recognize and validate the vast array of perspectives and emotions associated with pregnancy/infant loss and infertility issues." 
http://www.exhalezine.com/magazine/?page_id=2


Exhale has been on a bit of a hiatus this last year, but those who were familiar with it in the past, know what a valuable resource it is for the ALI (Adoption/Loss/Infertility) community. The reason I am posting about this here is because from time to time you may see messages up about a new issue of Exhale that has come out, or a call for submissions.

We are currently in the process of putting together our early Spring issue, due out next month, with the theme of Roller Coasters: Thrill Rides and Not So Thrill Rides on The Adoption, Loss, and Infertility Journey. We are accepting submissions for this issue of poetry, essays, artwork, commentary, personal revelation, photography, and ALI relevant book reviews. If you would like to submit a piece for consideration, please do so by sending it to ExhaleSubmissions@gmail.com before January 31st.

I would also encourage you to check out our website www.exhalezine.com, to follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/exhalemagazine, and to "like" Exhale Magazine on Facebook.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing such a beautiful blog with hope and beautiful music. I lost my mom in 2008 and I sometimes can feel her in the room with me....like right now. There is something beyond this world, this I know. And you will meet your daughter and I will meet my mom again. Have faith and hold strong. Good luck with your twins. ;0) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on joining the Exhale staff. I am glad it is coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news Kristen, I read a few articles when I lost Hussein, it's great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting and congrats on the new position, I knew I had seen a mention for submissions on twitter but lost it somehow. Sending you something...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this magazine before so thanks!

    ReplyDelete